Thursday, July 24, 2008

Botox for bridesmaids?!

You have GOT to be kidding me with this. A friend sent me this link with nothing more than a "I really can't believe this. How shallow are people?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/fashion/24skin.html?_r=2&sq=Botox&st=cse&oref=slogin&scp=2&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

That article is EXACTLY what is wrong with not only America but the wedding industry as a whole. For those that don't want to read it, it is basically how brides are paying for their bridal party to get Botox and even boob jobs.

Now I will fully admit, I am in defcon diet levels right now. No high fructose corn syrup, all low GI carbs, no more than 1200 calories a day and I upped my Metformin. Oh the pounds are coming off but that is something I wanted to do before the wedding anyway, ever since my dad died and I packed on a ton of weight.

But there is NO WAY on god's green earth I would ever tell my bridesmaids to get a boob job or even a fake tan at all the same place. I have three bridesmaids. They are all different shapes, colors, styles. And I love them all. They are all beautiful and I know my big day is going to be so much better because they were there.

And they were themselves.

When is this obsession with injecting ourselves with harmful stuff going to stop? When are we just going to be able to accept that we were made how we were made and what makes you beautiful is who you are. Hell, I got more ass than a toliet seat and I am no Laguna Hills girls, that is for damn sure.

No comments: