Monday, July 14, 2008

Cake Toppers and Photographers

The invitations are in the mail and I feel like just a little bit of this boulder I have been carrying on my shoulders has been lifted. Now I can breathe easy about guests until August 16th, when I have to start calling people to see if they are coming or not. That is not a part that I look forward to at all.

Chris and I are fairly excited because we found a woman on Ebay that will make a custom cake topper for us. After looking at really funny toppers (like a bride dragging a groom) and just silly ones (personalized bobble heads), we found a good compromise. Slightly comical looking animals. The woman is going to make us a topper with a sea turtle and a dolphin. Along with a real shell and some hearts. They look kind of fimo-dough-ish. http://stores.ebay.com/Mamasazgottago is her Ebay store if anyone wants to take a look.

Chris is working on getting a photographer. It looks like that isn't going to come in under a grand sadly. We haven't even paid the largest expense, which is the actual site for the ceremony and reception. I kept telling myself I wasn't going to spend 10K for one day but it really is starting to look like that is going to happen.

Oy...vey.

No comments: