Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shoes

I was all ready to get my super cool perfect for the beach Crocs when mom objected. She really wasn't feel the sort of carefree Crocs vibe. So I was forced into something that I hate with a fiery passion...shoe shopping.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shoes. I own dozens upon dozens of shoes. Some of them very expensive, most of them on sale, one pair that was custom made for me and another custom made for my dad that I totally stole and wear. But the actual shopping for shoes drives me nuts. And I have a good reason why. In addition to the Lally Gunboats, one of my feet is a different size from the other. So it is really hard to find a pair of shoes that fits and is comfortable. Most of the time, if I know I am only going to wear them a few hours, I forgo comfort for style. But these wedding shoes, I am going to be in them for really hours upon hours. So no thanks.

Mom drug me to no less than ten stores and I must have tried on about a hundred pairs of shoes. No seriously, I did try on that many. The thing was, they couldn't be flip flops because I am wearing pantyhose and they had to be white. It narrowed the options down a lot. We spent an entire hot day in Phoenix going to every single shoe place in two malls that we could find. I've never been more exhausted in my life.

And just for kicks, Chris suggested we just go to Sears in the mall in Prescott because I had found a really comfy nice pair of shoes there. Wouldn't you know, I found TWO pairs of shoes there? How crazy is that?

I am just happy at this point that its done. I didn't want to have to commit homicide over shoes. Okay, maybe just a little bit.

No comments: